A Question Looking to Be Crowdsourced By You CVS Chain Slaves

This one showed up in today's mailbag, and here are those out there who know more about this than me:

I recently had to write about a CVS case that talks about the DUR system. After reading your blog, it seems like you are very familiar with it. I have one question for you: Are these “hard stops” exclusively managed by pharmacists? Or could some of them (the silly ones) be handled or “overwritten" by a trained technician? I mean, could some of them be managed by others and then the hard ones, only be handled by a pharmacist? That way pharmacist be more focused on the more important ones.


As a former Rite Aid chain slave, I know we had to override them all, and there was *something* to override on almost every prescription. (Caution using birth control in reproductive age women was my favorite.) Not sure if CVS is the same way.


Share on :
A Question Looking to Be Crowdsourced By You CVS Chain Slaves
A Question Looking to Be Crowdsourced By You CVS Chain Slaves
Reviewed by malaria
Published :
Rating : 4.5